Brief: On July 2, 2021, UNECE officially released the 03 series of amendments of the UN ECE R100 regulations for the electric power train of vehicle (referred to as: ECE R100.03), and this series of amendments will take effect immediately from the date of issuance.
UPDATE CONTENTS OF UN ECE R100.03
Some main updating for un ece r100.03 were listed as follow:
Updated requirements for electric safety of vehicle as per UN ECE R100.03 Part I
Requirements for “Protection against water effects” was added;
Requirements for “Warning in the event of failure in REESS” and “Warning in the event of low energy content of REESS” was added.
Updated requirements for safety of REESS as per UN ECE R100.03 Part II
1. Acceptance criteria was updated as below:
During the test, there shall be no evidence of:
- Electrolyte leakage;
- Rupture (applicable to high voltage REESS (s) only);
- Venting (New added, only for REESS other than open-type traction battery);
For a high voltage REESS, the isolation resistance measured after the test shall not be less than 100 Ω/Volt.
2. Regarding vibration, mechanical shock, mechanical integrity, fire resistance, external short circuit protection, and thermal shock and cycling test，the new requirement of SOC is that instead of 50%, SOC shall not be less than 95% of the maximum normal operating SOC;
3. Regarding overcharge test, the charge current shall be the maximum charge current specified by the manufacturer，but not at least 1/3C anymore;
4. Over current test was added;
5. New documentation requirement for below items:
- Low-temperature protection;
- Management of gases emitted from REESS;
- Warning in the event of operational failure of vehicle controls that manage REESS safe operation;
- Warning in the case of a thermal event within the REESS;
- Thermal propagation.
- As from the official date of entry into force of the 03 series of amendments, no Contracting Party applying this Regulation shall refuse to grant or refuse to accept type approvals under this Regulation as amended by the 03 series of amendments.
- As from 1 September 2023, Contracting Parties applying this Regulation shall not be obliged to accept type approvals to the preceding series of amendments, first issued after 1 September 2023.
- Until 1 September 2025, Contracting Parties applying this Regulation shall accept type approvals to the preceding series of amendments, first issued before 1 September 2023.
- As from 1 September 2025, Contracting Parties applying this Regulation shall not be obliged to accept type approvals issued to the preceding series of amendments to this Regulation.
- Contracting Parties applying this Regulation shall not refuse to grant type approvals according to any preceding series of amendments to this Regulation or extensions thereof.
- Notwithstanding the transitional provisions above, Contracting Parties who start to apply this Regulation after the date of entry into force of the most recent series of amendments are not obliged to accept type approvals which were granted in accordance with any of the preceding series of amendments to this Regulation.
We are a young technical service company from China, established in 2015. We have a professional and passionate team, we strive to create the best environment to attract the best experts, returnees and outstanding graduates to join us. We are committed to integrate domestic and international regulations, testing and certification resources with a global perspective in the context of globalization, and establish a new, specialized regulation research, testing and certification platform. We serve more than 4,500 manufactures each year.
R100.03 CERTIFICATION PLEASE CONTACT