RELEASE DATE：2021-07-20 18:25
Brief: This standard applies to replacement service brake lining assemblies intended for use in friction brakes forming part of the braking system of power-driven vehicles and their trailers and semi trailers authorized for use on public roads.
Vehicle brake linings are also called vehicle brake pads. They are composed of steel plates, friction materials and adhesives. They are installed on the brake calipers. Under the pressure generated by the brake cylinders, they create friction with the brake disce or brake drums. Generate heat to achieve the purpose of vehicle deceleration.
Brake lining assembly type
means wheel sets of brake lining assemblies, which do not differ in brake lining type, dimension or functional characteristics
Drum brake lining type
means wheel sets of brake lining components, which after fitment to the shoes do not differ in brake lining type, dimensions or functional characteristics
Replacement brake lining assembly
means a brake lining assembly of a type approved under this standard as a suitable service replacement for an original brake lining assembly
Replacement drum brake lining
means a drum brake lining of a type approved under this standard as a suitable service replacement when fitted to a shoe for an original drum brake lining
A replacement brake lining assembly or a replacement drum brake lining shall be so designed and constructed that, when substituted for the assembly or lining originally fitted to a vehicle, the braking efficiency of that vehicle accords with that of the approved vehicle type.
(1) a vehicle equipped with replacement brake lining assemblies or replacement drum brake linings shall satisfy the relevant braking prescriptions of IS:11852 (Part 1 to 8) or IS:14664 including its amendments:
(2) a replacement brake lining assembly or a replacement drum brake lining shall display performance characteristics similar to that of the original brake lining assembly or original drum lining it is intended to replace;
(3) a replacement brake lining assembly or a replacement drum brake lining must possess adequate mechanical characteristics.
Replacement brake lining assemblies for vehicles of categories M1, M2, N1, T1, T2 and Two & Three wheeled vehicle categories.
Replacement brake lining assemblies of the type for which approval is requested shall be tested for shear strength according to standard ISO 6312:1981 or ISO 6312:2001.
The minimum acceptable shear strength is 250 N/cm2 for pad assemblies and 100 N/cm2 for shoe assemblies.
Replacement brake lining assemblies of the type for which approval is requested shall be tested for compressibility strength according to standard ISO 6310:1981 or ISO 6310: 2001.
The compressibility values shall not exceed 2% at ambient temperature and 5% at 400°C for pad assemblies and 2% at ambient temperature and 4% at 200°C for shoe assemblies.
PACKAGING AND MARKING
1. Replacement brake lining assemblies or replacement drum brake linings conforming to a type approved in accordance with this standard shall be marketed in axle sets.
2. Each axle set shall be contained in a sealed package constructed to show previous opening.
3. Each package shall display the following information:
(a) the quantity of replacement brake lining assemblies or replacement drum brake linings in the package:
(b) manufacturer’s name or trade mark;
(c) make and type of replacement brake lining assemblies or replacement drum brake linings;
(d) the vehicles/axles/brakes for which the contents are approved;
(e) the approval mark.
4. Each package shall contain fitting instructions in English and Hindi languages, supplemented by the corresponding text in the language of the country where it is sold.
5. Each replacement brake lining assembly or replacement drum brake lining shall display permanently one set of approval data
(a) the approval mark;
(b) the date of manufacture, at least month and year; or batch number;
(c) make and type of brake lining.
SERVICES PROVIDED BY ATIC
1. Testing and trial-testing of AIS and IS standards
2. India CMVR (whole vehicles and components), BIS (consumer products, automotive components and electronic information products), WPC/TEC (wireless communication products) certification services
3. Preparation and translation of a complete set of application materials
4. Factory audit guidance, accompanied by translation throughout
5. Direct co-operation with authorities and certification bodies without communication barriers
6. Local representative available
We are a young technical service company from China, established in 2015. We have a professional and passionate team, we strive to create the best environment to attract the best experts, returnees and outstanding graduates to join us. We are committed to integrate domestic and international regulations, testing and certification resources with a global perspective in the context of globalization, and establish a new, specialized regulation research, testing and certification platform. We serve more than 4,500 manufactures each year.
AIS CERTIFICATION PLEASE CONTACT
Asia Homologation Department
Jimmy graduated from South China Normal University and has experience in internationally renowned testing and certification organizations.In ATIC he is focused on Asian automotive and consumer product regulation and homologation system research.
Phone: +86 15521437139