ABSTRACT: Brake linings are consumable parts in the automobile brake system, representing brake shoes or brake pads that press against the brake drum or brake disc to generate friction. According to the decision issued by the State Council on September 18, 2019, China Friction On April 20, 2020, the State Administration for Market Supervision and Administration issued an official announcement (No. 19, 2020) that brake pad products in materials and sealing products were converted to mandatory products Certification management and cancellation of production license management for its products. It is determined that automotive brake lining products will formally be brought into the scope of CCC certification management on June 1, 2020.
CCC CERTIFICATION FOR BRAKE LININGS
China Compulsory Certification (CCC) covers both domestic and imported foreign-made products. Regarding to <State Administration for Market Regulation notification about implementation requirements to convertion of automotive brake linings from production approval to compulsory certification management> (No.19, 2020):
From June 1, 2020, automotive brake linings shall be included to CCC certification management scope, all designated certification organizations shall start acceptance of certification applications; all local authorities of market regulation shall stop relevant production approval applications, accepted applications shall force to termainate regard to laws. From June 1, 2021, automotive brake linings that have not obtained CCC certificate and not bear CCC mark, shall not leave factory, sale, import or be used in other business operations.
1. Before June 1, 2021, brake linings that domestic produced shall use valid production approval certificate or CCC certificatge to leave factory, sale or be used in other business activities.
2. For companies that obtained production approval certificate, if above product are not continued to produce after June 1, 2020, then no need to apply for CCC certificate; otherwise shall submit application as soon as possible, and obtain CCC certificate before June 1, 2021.
3. For companies that obtained production approval certificate and applied for CCC, designated certification organizations shall accept relevant assessment and test results, establish convertion methods and implement them, issue CCC certificate to qualified products and notify local authority of market regulation for company list that obtained CCC certificate.
4. Local authorities of market regulation shall cancel production approval certificates regarding to the notification and expiration situations. June 1, 2021, all local authorities of market regulation shall cancel all valid production approval certificates that have not been converted.
GB 5731 TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
In the CCC implementation rule CNCA-C11-20:2020, the national mandatory standard GB 5731 “Automotive Brake Liner” updated in 2018 will be used as the technical basis of the products. The specific implementation rules will be designated and issued by the China National Certification and Accreditation Supervision Committee.
1. Determination of asbestos：according to GB/T 23263 “Method of determination of asbestos in products”.
Not equivqlent to the requirements of JIS A 1481”Determination of Asbestos in Building Material Products”
2. Determination of harmful elements (cadmium, hexavalent chromium, lead, mercury): According to JC/T 2268 “Mesurement of copper and other elements in brake friction materials”.
Reference multiple GB/T element determination methods.
3. Friction performance test small-scale bench test: The friction performance small-scale bench test of drum linings used for M1, M2, N1, O1 and O2 vehicles is based on GB/T 17469 “Characteristics evaluation of brake linings for automobile – Small sample bench test method”
The test method corresponds to SAE J 661: 1997 “Brake Lining Quality Control Test Procedure”. The friction coefficient levels and markings in this standard correspond to SAE J 866: 2012 “Friction Coefficient Identification And Environmental Marking System For Brake Linings”, which is basically consistent with its technical content.
4. Friction performance test Friction performance drag test: The friction performance drag test of disc linings and drum linings for M3, N2, N3, O3 and O4 vehicles is in accordance with GB/T 34007 “Road vehicles – Brake lining friction materials – Drag test method for friction performance”.
5. Shear strength test: According to GB/T 22309 “Road vehicles – Brake linings – Shear test procedure for disc brake pad and drum brake shoe assemblies”.
Equivalent to ISO 6312 “Road vehicles - Brake linings – Shear test procedure for disc brake pad and drum brake shoe assemblies”.
SERVICES PROVIDES BY ATIC
GB standards and international standard brake pad testing and pre-test
China CCC Compulsory Certification, Voluntary Certification, EU ECE Certification and Global Access Services for Brake pads
Preparation and translation of a complete set of application documents
Factory audit guidance, accompanied by translation throughout
Cooperate closely with certification body without communication barriers
Local representatives services
ATIC is a young technical service company from China, established in 2015. ATIC is committed to integrate domestic and international regulations, testing and certification resources with a global perspective in the context of globalization, and establish a new, specialized regulation research, testing and certification platform. With innovative Digital Reporting System (DRS), Customer Service Platform (CSP) and self-developed Global Vehicle Regulation Database (GVRD), ATIC’s compliance service covers more than 54 countries/regions globally, testing and certification service covers more than 30 countries/regions worldwide. ATIC serve more than 3,300 manufactures each year.