The National Institute of Metrology, Quality and Technology - INMETRO - is a federal agency, linked to the Special Secretariat of Productivity, Employment and Competitiveness, of the Ministry of Economy. INMETRO is responsible for the management of the Conformity Assessment Programs under the Brazilian Conformity Assessment System - SBAC. Its business is to assist in the implementation of conformity assessment programs for products, processes, services and personnel, aligned with the policies of the National System of Metrology, Standardization and Industrial Quality (Sinmetro) and international practices, promoting competitiveness, fair competition and protection of citizen's health and safety and the environment. Its target audience is the productive sectors, regulatory authorities and consumers. Currently, there are more than 150 categories of Compulsory Technical Regulations and Conformity Assessment Programs and more than 700 related products.
Currently, not only activities in the commercial field are subject to government supervision in developed countries, but also, measurement instruments used in official activities, in the medical field, in the manufacture of medicines, as well as in the fields of occupational, environmental and radiation protection are compulsorily subject to metrological control. The accuracy of measurements is particularly important in the medical field due to the many negative effects that results from lower reliability can cause to human health.
The credibility of measurement is therefore especially necessary wherever there is a conflict of interest, or wherever incorrect measurements lead to undesirable risks to individuals or society.
With regard to measuring instruments, Metrologia Legal specifies performance requirements, verification procedures, means to ensure the correct use of legally defined units of measurement and mandatory requirements for use.
Legal Metrology Board of INMETRO (DIMEL) is responsible for the development of Brazilian metrological regulations and measurement standards to ensure the safety and accuracy of product measurement, as well as the measurement accuracy is not falsified, to protect consumers, all products involving Brazilian metrology regulations and standards, except In addition to the Brazilian INMETRO/ANATEL certification, the Brazilian metrology requirements must also be met.
ATIC provides Brazilian metrology one-stop certification service including document preparation, application, testing and certification coordination, etc.
In recent years, communication technology has made rapid progress, and communication technology has become one of the ...
ATIC will support manufacture and importer prepare administrative and technical documents, submit to DIMEL and finish the registration.
Review and Analysis
DIMEL will review the registration documents, approve the application and issue quotation, lead-time and testing plan.
ATIC will support manufacture to send testing samples to designated labs and follow up the testing and reporting process.
After analysis of documents, general examination and sample testing, if all result pass, DIMEL will issue the model approval. Initial verification and periodical check will be conducted before and during the usage of measuring instruments.
Other Key Points
- Company Constitution and Regulations
- Proof of Registration in the General Taxpayers Registry – CNPJ
- Proof of Registration in the Register of Taxpayers, State and / or Municipal, if any, Pertinent to the Field of Activity and Compatible with the Object Of the ATM Request
- Proof of Regularity with the National Treasury and the Active Debt of the Federal, State and Municipal
- Proof of Regularity Regarding Social Security and the Guarantee Fund for Length of Service -FGTS
- Statement of Commitment (Complete and Signed, For-Dimel-207)
- ATM Forms
- Technical Documentation including Product Specification
- Letter of Authorization from Manufacture
- All measuring instruments sold in Brazil are subject to type approval and required initial verification at a local Brazilian authority prior to installation. - After the installation of the measuring instruments, periodic verification is required. - If the instrument does not pass the verification, a new type approval is required.
Get a Quotation Now
Log in to ATICTM Digital Customer Platform to request quotations, browse 16000+ regulations and
SoPs cover more than 54 countries, submit information documents and manage your certification projects.