RELEASE DATE：2021-05-06 17:05
Brief: With the popularity of assisted driving systems, features such as lane-keeping and automatic lane change are becoming standard configurations in an increasing number of vehicles on sale. CSF and ESF refer to the corrective steering function and emergency steering function respectively. According to the UN R79 regulation, vehicles equipped with ACSF, CSF, and ESF functions need to be tested and achieve the E-mark type approval of R79 in order to get access to the EU market.
CLASSIFICATION, DEFINITION AND BASIC TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS OF ACSF, CSF, ESF
Basic Technical Requirements
Common product function names
Means a function that operates at a speed no greater than 10 km/h to assist the driver, on demand, in low speed or parking manoeuvring.
1. Whenever the system becomes operational, this shall be indicated to the driver. Any termination of control shall produce a short but distinctive driver warning by an optical warning signal and either an acoustic warning signal or by imposing a haptic warning signal.
2. The system shall be able to be deactivated by the driver at any time.
3. If the vehicle has RCP (remote control parking) function, the specified maximum RCP operating range shall not exceed 6 m. A direct influence on steering angle via the remote control device shall not be possible.
Means a function which assists the driver in keeping the vehicle within the chosen lane, by influencing the lateral movement of the vehicle.
1. The maximum lateral acceleration should below 3m/s2. The moving average over half a second of the lateral jerk generated by the system shall not exceed 5 m/s3.
2. The steering control effort necessary to override the directional control provided by the system shall not exceed 50 N.
Means a function which is initiated/activated by the driver and which keeps the vehicle within its lane by influencing the lateral movement of the vehicle for extended periods without further driver command/confirmation.
Means a function which is initiated/activated by the driver and which can perform a single lateral manoeuvre (e.g. lane change) when commanded by the driver.
1. The initiation of a lane change procedure of an ACSF of Category C shall only be possible if an ACSF of Category B1 is already active.
2. For M1 vehicles， in case of an automatic initiation, the lane change manoeuvre shall commence between 3.0 seconds and 5.0 seconds after the manual activation of direction indicator.
3. Once the lane change manoeuvre has completed, ACSF of Category B1 lane keeping function shall resume automatically.
4. Manual deactivation of the lane change procedure, using the manual control of the direction indicator, shall be possible for the driver at any time.
5. The steering control effort necessary to override the directional control provided by the system shall not exceed 50 N.
Means a function which is initiated/activated by the driver and which can indicate the possibility of a single lateral manoeuvre (e.g. lane change) but performs that function only following a confirmation by the driver.
Means a function which is initiated/activated by the driver and which can continuously determine the possibility of a manoeuvre (e.g. lane change) and complete these manoeuvres for extended periods without further driver command/confirmation.
Corrects direction, improves vehicle stability (e.g. when encountering side winds, changes in road adhesion coefficient) and corrects lane deviation in a limited time.
1. Every CSF intervention shall immediately be indicated to the driver by an optical warning signal.
2. In the case of an intervention longer than 10 s for vehicles of category M1, an acoustic warning signal shall be provided until the end of the intervention.
3. In the case of two or more consecutive interventions within a rolling interval of 180 seconds and in the absence of a steering input by the driver during the intervention, an acoustic warning signal shall be provided by the system during the second and any further intervention within a rolling interval of 180seconds. Starting with the third intervention (and subsequent interventions) the acoustic warning signal shall continue for at least 10 seconds longer than the previous warning signal.
4. The steering control effort necessary to override the directional control provided by the system shall not exceed 50 N.
A potential collision can be detected, and the vehicle can steer to avoid the collision within a limited time.
1. Any ESF shall only start an intervention in the case where a risk of a collision is detected.
2. An automatic avoidance manoeuvre initiated by an ESF shall not lead the vehicle to leave the road. Any intervention of an ESF shall be indicated to the driver with an optical and with an acoustic or haptic warning signal to be provided at the latest with the start of the ESF intervention.
3. The steering control effort necessary to override the directional control provided by the system shall not exceed 50 N.
THE PROCEDURE OF TYPE APPROVAL
1. Application Submission
2. Initial Assessment
3. Technical Documents and Samples Preparation
4. Sample Delivery and Testing
5. Prepare Test Report and Certificate
6. Submit Test Report and Certificate
7. Issuance Certificate
ATIC PROVIDES AUTOMOTIVE GLOBAL HOMOLOGATION SERVICE
ATIC's vehicle homologation experts have an average of more than 10 years of experience in motor vehicle certification, and are familiar with multinational certification processes, local regulations, and testing requirements. ATIC cooperates with multinational official organizations and integrates high-quality testing and certification resources, to provide a global one-stop certification service for manufacturers to complete the certification process, including certification application, documentation preparation, regulatory guidance and training, and pre-testing and test coordination, etc.
ATIC GLOBAL VEHICLE REGULATION RESEARCH & VEHICLE DEPARTMENT
ATIC Automotive Regulation Research and Automotive Homologation Team is dedicated to global automotive regulation research, homologation procedure research and homologation project management. Based on ATIC digital platform, our team provides a series of automotive compliance services including market access solutions, technical verification, regulation interpretation, regulation database and update, training and Q&A, etc. ATIC automotive experts are nominated by European technical service and authorities covering all EU/UN regulations for M/N/O/T/L/NRMM category vehicle, system, component and separate technical unit. Authorities includes Netherlands (e/E4), Sweden (e/E5), Luxembourg (e/E13), Ireland (e/E24), Cyprus (e/E49) and San Marino (E57).
UNECE CERTIFICATION PLEASE CONTACT