Brief: ATIC Global Vehicle Regulation Research Department reminds you that please pay attention to the following information for the update of global vehicle regulations in February2023.
- Chile updates the motor vehicle safety performance requirements regulation Decreto 26-2000
- UAE issued the Technical Requirements for Electric Vehicles 2023 regulation UAE.S 2698: 2023
- India issued a revised draft Amd 6 to AIS-145 on seat belt requirements
- EU releases final draft of carbon emissions regulation for medium and heavy duty vehicles
GLOBAL AUTOMOTIVE REGULATIONS UPDATE SPOTLIGHT FOR FEBRUARY 2023
Chile: Chile has issued Decree No. 58 of the Ministry of Transport and Telecommunications, which amends Decreto 26-2000, the motor vehicle safety performance requirements, with the following main amendments:
1) Mandatory unbuckled seat belt reminders for all seats
2) add the following optional safety elements: Advanced Emergency Braking (AEB); Blind Spot Detector (BSD); Intelligent Speed Assist (ISA); Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)
3) Recognition of national standards as acceptable alternatives
4) Changes to mandatory safety items
5) Implementation date of the new regulations for seat belt reminders and changes to mandatory safety items: New models: 24 months after publication in the Official Journal (i.e. 2025.1.4) All models: 36 months after publication in the Official Journal (i.e. 2026.1.4)
UAE: The UAE has issued the Electric Vehicle Technical Requirements Regulation 2023 UAE.S 2698: 2023, which adds water resistance testing and vibration testing requirements to the GCC Electric Vehicle Regulation GSO 2698: 2022.
India: India issues AIS 145 - Draft Amendand 6, which plans to amend the new M1 seat belt reminder for all forward-facing passenger seats.
EU: On 15 February 2023 the EU released the final draft of the Carbon Emissions Regulation for medium and heavy duty vehicles, with the following key amendments:
1) This regulation is an amendment to Regulation (EU) 2019/1242 and the withdrawal of Regulation (EU) No 2018/956, which brings together Regulation (EU) 2019/1242 and Regulation (EU) No 2018/956
2) The scope of Regulation (EU) 2019/1242 has been extended from N2,N3 to N2,N3,M2,M3
3) CO2 emission levels become more stringent, as follows:
- for all vehicle sub-groups for the reporting periods of the years 2030 to 2034 by 45 %
- for all vehicle sub-groups for the reporting periods of the years 2035 to 2039 by 65 %
- for all vehicle sub-groups for the reporting periods of the years 2040 onwards by 90%
ATIC GLOBAL VEHICLE REGULATIONS DATABASE FEBRUARY2023 UPDATE SUMMARY
Summary by region:
United States：1 update
Summary by regulation status:
ATIC GLOBAL VEHICLE REGULATIONS DATABASE AND COMPLIANCE SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE
ATIC has an independent regulation research team and has established communication mechanisms with ministries of transportation, ministries of environmental protection, ministries of industry, national laboratories and industry associations in more than 54 countries or regions worldwide to systematically and continuously track and research global vehicle regulations, certification procedures and test methods. We provide one-stop regulation compliance services for vehicle and component manufacturers, including mandatory regulation list subscriptions, subscriptions to original regulations and translations, regulation updates and alerts, regulation checklist subscriptions, regulation comparison table subscriptions, etc. Compliance services include safety certification, environmental certification, energy labelling, aftermarket parts, in-vehicle communication, subsidy policies, language and labelling, charging systems and protocols, tools, mandatory warranties, mandatory insurance, recall policies, transportation of hazardous materials, etc. This ensures that vehicle and component manufacturers can quickly respond to changes in global automotive regulations, achieve proactive, low-cost and low-risk regulation compliance management, and quickly enter to their target markets.
Examples of client systems and push emails：