ABSTRACT: According to the "Decision on Adjusting the Management Catalog of Industrial Product Production Licenses and Strengthening Post-event and Post-event Supervision (NDRC  No.19)" issued by the State Council on September 18, 2019, the brake linings are transfered to compulsory product certification management.
CCC CERTIFICATION FOR BRAKE LININGS
China Compulsory Certification (CCC) covers both domestic and imported foreign-made products. In the implementation of CCC certification, the national mandatory standard GB 5731“Automotive Brake Liner”updated in 2018 will be used as the technical basis of the products. The specific implementation rules will be designated and issued by the China National Certification and Accreditation Supervision Committee. Brake linings are consumable parts in automotive braking system, and representing brake shoes or pads that produce friction when pressed against a brake drum or brake disc.
Lining products that do not differ in the following major respects can be classified into the same unit (the same unit product shall be tested on one of the typical models and issued a certificate to cover the remaining models):
(1) The types of vehicles for which the lining is suitable are divided into M1, M2, N1, O1 and O2 types of vehicle lining and M3, N2, N3, O3 and O4 types of vehicle lining;
(2) The brake types suitable for the liner are divided into drum brake liner and disc brake liner;
(3) The structure and material of the lining.
Multiple models (or specifications) can be included in the same unit. The same model refers to the design of the product which does not affect the compliance with the standard.
The test standard of brake lining is GB 5731-2018. The test items and technical requirements are as follows:
Hazardous ingredient limit
- No asbestos shall be contained in the lining.
- Other harmful elements in the lining shall not exceed the prescribed limit requirements.
The friction performance
- The small-sample bench test results of drum linings of M1, M2, N1, O1 and O2 vehicles shall meet the following requirements: the friction coefficient at room temperature shall not be less than 0.25 and meet the specified level; The high temperature friction coefficient is not less than 0.25 and conforms to the specified level; The friction coefficient at any point in the temperature range from 93°C to 288°C in the second decline and from 149°C to 93°C in the second recovery is not less than 0.15, and the difference between the friction coefficient value at each temperature point and the average value of the five tests shall not more than 20%.
- The test results of the drag test method for the friction properties of the disc linings used for M1, M2, N1, O1 and O2 vehicles shall meet the following requirements: the working friction coefficient shall be within the range of 15% of the soil with the set friction coefficient value; After the test, there shall be no delamination, block drop and other phenomena.
- The test results of the drag test method for the friction properties of disc and drum linings used for M3, N2, O3 and O4 vehicles shall meet the following requirements: the working friction coefficient 1 and the working friction coefficient 2 shall be within the range of 15% of the soil with the set working friction coefficient value respectively; After the test, there should be no delamination, block drop and other phenomena.
- The shear strength of the bonded resin base drum linings should not be less than 1.5MPa at room temperature.
- The shear strength of the bonded rubber base drum linings at room temperature shall not be less than 1.0MPa, and the area of the lining left after the test shall not be less than 70%.
- The shear strength of bonded disc linings at room temperature shall not be less than 2.5MPa.
BRAKE LINING CHINA CCC CERTIFICATION MODE AND PROCESS
The basic certification mode for implementing the mandatory certification of automobile brake linings is: type test + initial factory audit + supervision after obtaining the certification. The specific certification process is:
1. Application for certification.
Applicant apply for the certification for the specified model of product.
2. Sort out the application materials.
ATIC assists the client to sort out and submit the application materials.
3. Type test.
The designated laboratory shall test the typical products according to the test items stipulated by the regulations and issue the official test report.
4. Initial factory audit.
The initial factory audit is the certification body's evaluation of whether the factory's production consistency control system meets the certification requirements. For foreign production factories, ATIC could assists in arranging remote video review. This measure can maintain the same evaluation quality, at the same time, can provide convenience for domestic and foreign brake liner manufacturers limited by the epidemic situation and region.
5. Certification evaluation and decision.
Pass the examination, issue the certificate, add the CCC mark.
6. Supervision after obtaining the license.
The supervision after obtaining the certificate is a combination of the following inspection, sampling or inspection on the production site, and sampling or inspection in the market.