RELEASE DATE：2021-03-24 11:38
Brief: Brazil's ANATEL new regulation Ato nº 7280, de 26 de novembro de 2020 will be in force soon.
THE NEW REGULATION OF BRAZIL ANATEL
The Brazilian National Telecommunications Agency - ANATEL (Agência Nacional de Telecomunicações) is the regulatory body for telecommunications equipment in Brazil, and communication products manufactured or imported in Brazil. Communication products, including antennas, batteries, coaxial cables, optic fiber and optic cables, telephone cables, cell phone chargers, connectors, broadcasting equipment, RF equipment and data communication equipment, are required to be certified by ANATEL.
According to the regulation Ato nº 7280, de 26 de novembro de 2020, as of May 25, 2021, the ANATEL certification process will have new changes.
1. For different products, the ANATEL certification model is a certification based on type testing and factory management system evaluation with a maintenance period of 2 or 3 years; or a registration based on the submission of a declaration of conformity, the registration is valid for a long time.
2. For some products, testing can be performed in an accredited third-party ILAC laboratory.
3. For some products, certificates issued by countries other than Brazil are accepted in lieu of test reports.
4. For some products, certification tests can be conducted in accredited third-party ILAC laboratories or in first-party laboratories evaluated by ANATEL, if the long-term validity model of submitting a declaration of conformity + registration is chosen, the tests must be conducted in early third-party laboratories.
In this regulatory update, the maintenance cycle of ANATEL certification has been extended, the way of certification has been increased, it is not mandatory to use the local laboratories in Brazil, test reports from foreign third-party or first-party laboratories can be recognized. The certification process has been simplified, and it is more favorable for manufacturers, especially non-Brazilian manufacturers to obtain ANATEL certification.
ANATEL CERTIFICATION INTRODUCTION
ANATEL: The Brazilian Agency of Telecommunications (Agência Nacional de Comunicações) is a special authority created by the general telecommunications law. Product manufactured in Brazil and other countries must be homologated by Anatel prior to sales into the Brazilian market.
1. Delivering Application
2. Samples and documentation preparation
4. Documentation reviewing
5. Issuing Certificate of Technical Conformity (CoC)
6. Anatel registration
7. ANATEL Documentation reviewing
8. Issuing Certificate of Homologation (CoH)
RENEWAL / SURVEILANCE PROCESS
Manufacturer have to compare new photos with the photos from the last certification project. If there are some changes on the product, additional tests will be required. In the most of cases we just need to perform safety tests or only paperwork.
ATIC is a young technical service company from China, established in 2015. ATIC is committed to integrate domestic and international regulations, testing and certification resources with a global perspective in the context of globalization, and establish a new, specialized regulation research, testing and certification platform. With innovative Digital Reporting System (DRS), Customer Service Platform (CSP) and self-developed Global Vehicle Regulation Database (GVRD), ATIC’s compliance service covers more than 54 countries/regions globally, testing and certification service covers more than 30 countries/regions worldwide. ATIC serve more than 3,300 manufactures each year.
BRAZIL CERTIFICATION PLEASE CONTACT
Component Homologation Department
ATIC Project Manager for South America Business, Auditor for Brazil INMETRO, Kerwin graduated from Harbin Institute of Technology with a bachelor's degree, he served as R&D engineer in a well-known OEM. He now is responsible for the regulation and homologation procedure research & homologation business of automotive and consumer goods for South American markets
Phone: +86 17520488951