The top authority of motor vehicle type approval in Taiwan is the Ministry of Communications of Taiwan. The Vehicle Safety Certification Center under the Ministry of Communications of Taiwan is a non-profit organization supervised by the Ministry of Communications. The purpose is to study vehicle safety regulations and management systems, and provide vehicle safety inspection and certification related services.
Till March 2020, MOTC has published 147 vehicle safety testing directions. From automotive lighting and light signaling devices, safety glazing, belts, to braking system, seats and headrests, VSTD include most the safety aspects in vehicle system and components.
MOTC has been implementing vehicle safety type approval system since 1998. From then, Vehicle Safety Testing Directions have been established and come into force for whole-vehicle type approval and system, component approvals. By study to UNECE, FMVSS, JIS and GB regulations, Taiwan finds out its own standards in vehicle inspection and management.
ATIC has conducted in-depth cooperation with the MOTC and the Vehicle Safety Certification Center VSCC to provide professional one-stop service for motor vehicle and parts companies.
To improve safety protection level of motorcycle, electric bicycle riders and passengers, reduce accidential deaths, T...
- Qualification documents from the applicants - Vehicle specifications and technical general information - Specifications of each vehicle type
- Photographs of each vehicle type’s dimension
- Location of the approval marks
- Buses, special vehicles for children and school buses, the seat configuration diagram of each vehicle type should be attached
- Importer or distributor
- Validity: Validity of vehicle safety type approval certification is 2 years.
- Certification renewal: Applicants should apply to the approval authority for renewal of the certification before the expiry of the validity period. The owner of expired certification shall not apply for registration, inspection and licensing the new license.
ATIC assists manufacturers to prepare registration documents and submit them to the MOTC
After the MOTC accepted the application, ATIC experts formulated a factory audit plan and follow up the factory audit
ATIC experts assists manufacturers to prepare and submit application materials, formulate test plans and test in designated laboratories in Taiwan, and submit test reports to the MOTC
After the Ministry of Transportation reviewed the report and related materials, the MOTC issued a certificate
- Road Law
- Road Traffic Management Penalty Regulations
- Road Traffic Safety Rules
- Vehicle Safety Type Approval Management Regulations
- Vehicle Safety Test Directions（20200303）
Noise and Emission Regulations
- Inspection and treatment methods for air pollutants emitted by vehicles
- Standards of air pollutant emission from mobile pollution source
- Gasoline vehicles exhaust emission test methods and procedures
- Motor Vehicles noise control standards
- Motor vehicles noise measurement methods
Energy Consumption Regulations
- Allowable energy consumption standards and inspection management methods for vehicles （Effective 05/02/2020）
- Key points for sampling and retesting of new vehicles for permissible vehicle energy consumption standards（Effective 24/02/2004）
- Key Points for Vehicle Energy Consumption Certificate Application and Issuance（Effective 22/06/2020）
Taiwan Motor Vehicle Type Approval System
MOTC has been implementing vehicle safety type approval system since 1998.
From then, Vehicle Safety Testing Directions have been established and come into force for whole vehicle type approval and system, component approvals.
By study to UNECE, FMVSS, JIS and GB regulations, Taiwan finds out its own standards in vehicle inspection and management.
Get a Quotation Now
Log in to ATICTM Digital Customer Platform to request quotations, browse 16000+ regulations and
SoPs cover more than 54 countries, submit information documents and manage your certification projects.